‘I didn’t get the flu’: A New Jersey mom reacts to flu outbreak
- by admin
The story of how an all-too-common disease has hit New Jersey and its residents is being chronicled in the new documentary “The Laundry,” which is being screened for the first time in New York City on Friday.
The film is the culmination of a three-year investigation into the rise of the pandemic that began with the death of a woman in her 40s who was diagnosed with the virus in late March.
The Lashes, who live in Northampton, N.J., are one of several families to emerge from the coronavirus pandemic, a situation in which many have struggled to find ways to clean up the mess left behind by the pandemics’ victims.
The New Jersey resident who died had been staying at the home of her brother, who was hospitalized after contracting the virus, according to the film.
The man who contracted the virus had also stayed at the house.
The brother was later released from the hospital, and the man who died, his wife and the woman who had stayed with them in the home, also died.
The three families have since sued the owners of the property, claiming they are liable for damages due to the illness and neglect.
But some of the families have expressed a desire to be held responsible.
The documentary examines how the family of the man with the flu was able to remain in their home, and their inability to get clean laundry detergents for their washing machines.
They also discuss their fear of getting sick in public, and whether they could have taken action if they were less comfortable at home.
A number of the family members have been reluctant to speak out in the documentary, because they want to remain anonymous, said John T. Fenn, who produced the film along with his wife, Diane.
“It’s very difficult for us to do interviews, because we don’t want to go to the hospital and tell everyone we were ill,” he said.
The family was able, though, to get some of their laundry detergments for the machines, but some of them did not last long.
The man who received the detergent, who did not want to be identified, had been using a hose to wash his clothes.
He said he washed his clothes and washed his hands several times a day, but the detergent kept coming back, he said, and he couldn’t wash the clothes without it.
Fenn said he also had to make sure that the laundry was not dirty or in direct sunlight.
“I have never had a laundry detergal that hasn’t been washed with bleach,” he explained.
He said he went through a process of taking out the deterger and scrubbing the clothes and washing the clothes, and then putting the deterge in a bucket and taking a shower.
Flynn was not a particularly good laundress, and after he returned home he began to feel ill.
He also had a cough and had trouble sleeping.
He did not have a fever, but he did get an ear infection and later developed a fever and a sore throat, and later had trouble breathing.
He took his clothes out of the house and put them in a cardboard box that was kept in the living room to dry.
When he returned to the house, he noticed that the clothes were still dirty.
He put them on a dryer and made them wash.
He got a prescription for antibiotics, but that did not work.
He tried using a paper towel, but it was too hot and made his clothes sweat.
He washed them again, and again they did not wash.
Fann said he decided to go ahead with the bleach and use a bleach-based detergent instead.
Fann said the family is now trying to get the detergen in a container that is not too hot, but has enough room for the detergar.
The couple was also concerned about the possibility of a repeat of the infection, because the detergers that they had had no success at preventing it, and Fenn said they are worried about the potential for a repeat.
But he added, “I hope we don`t end up in that situation again.”
They have been told they have to pay a $15,000 fine to the owner of the building where they lived, according the lawsuit.
Fears over safety were also raised by the family as they went through the process of getting the detergmens and other household items cleaned, which can take up to three days.
“The laundromats were supposed to be cleaned within 24 hours, and that was not always the case,” Fenn explained.
The families also are being sued for failure to follow CDC guidelines, including not using personal protective equipment, and failing to use a washing machine with a vacuum.
They also are facing an increase in calls from concerned neighbors, many of whom have visited them and taken pictures.
Fellow documentary filmmaker David Fenn also spoke to the families.
He told them they should have gone through the same steps that they did when
The story of how an all-too-common disease has hit New Jersey and its residents is being chronicled in the new…